Question: How to persist changes for a specific component in MDS?
Answer: Suppose you have a WebCenter portal framework application that uses Panel Box component. Now if you wish to persist its state i.e. Expand/Collapse in MDS. E.g. If user logs in into the portal application and collapses one panel box, then anytime he logs back into the application, the panel box should appear collapsed. The steps for achieving the aforementioned functionality are given below.
- To persist changes for a specific component in MDS the adf-config.xml file needs to be edited to add the component and the attributes to store changes for. For this, open the adf-config.xml file that is located in the Application Resources | Descriptors | ADF META-INF node of the Oracle JDeveloper Application Navigator.
- Go to View option.
- Select “http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/rich” option under Tag Library URI in Tag Configuration.
- Click on + (add) button to add component under Tags.
- Select panelBox component from the list.
- Save the application
- Re-deploy the application.